BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

call me PIN UP wit my shit

Ok kiddies its another day and another blog. So i thought today that I would talk about one of my fav things....pinup girls! So i first got into pin up girls when I was in high school. That's my first time actually seeing them. This was a mistake lol. I saw them looking for something else for an english class. So as I got older I finally found out what they were watching AMERICA's NEXT TOP MODEL. At the time, this was my fav show, and they did a photoshoot where they dressed as pin up girls with modern aspect and they posed infront of a car.

So after that I kinda got hooked lol.

I don't know what it is about them. I love how their sexy but most of the time their face seems to make you think that their not doing it on purpose or its accidential. lol.

SO im the kinda girl that like to know where things come from so i can strongly luv it lol. SO here's a lil history for u: The pinup girl genre has an incredible 150 year history. It is an interesting combination of cultural history and art history starting in the 1860s. As naturally as modern pinups are with their sexuality today, pinup art and the histoty of the pinup girl is tightly connected to the history of feminism.So called carte-de-visite photographs showed burlesque performers; the very first pinup girls included Lydia Thompson and Adah Isaacs Menken. Both of them tried to gain control over their own images for years.Needless to say that they never succeded. Even the most famous pinup of all time - Bettie Page never owned her own image and lived her life in constant financial struggle. We should all learn from the history of the classic pinup girls and be protective of our product and the worth of our own image. Some modern Pinup Girls like Bernie Dexter managed to turn their image into a lucrative profession.Pinup as we generally think of it today, gained popularity in the early 1930s. It was a time in history when the image of a georgious girl took the soldiers mind of the war and reality. Whether it was the classic painted pinup calendar, advertisement, or the pinup photography,most guys in the service had a poster of his favorite taped in his locker lid.These memorialized women were first known as 'Petty Girls', named after the artist George Petty, which were popularized by Esquire magazine during those decades. The ideal depictions of scantily clad and pleasantly voluptuous women were featured in magazine calendars, centerfolds and even painted on warplanes during World War II. And every girl curled her hair in pin curls and dimpled as she smiled hoping to be taken for a pin-up herself. Today pinup girls and pinup art is back in the spot light and strong as ever. The pinup style and pinup fashion is featured once again in movies, magazine ads and got adopted by pop singers and celebrities. History provided by: http://pinuppeepshop.com/page_3.html

Ok so now you have a brief lil history to go on.lol. So me personally I love they way they dress and pics they take. My only problem is that I have seen only 1 african american pin up girl. I would love to see an icon like this in african american form.

So the above pic is my half way impression of a pin up girl.....lol....♥

0 comments: