BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

where the HOOD n high fashion meet....

Sooo I have a really big pet peeve...I hate when ppl call me or refer to themselves (or others) as ghetto or hood.My last blog was aboput being a lady or ladylike.......Then I read a very good blog by my hmegirl nakia (harajuku ishh* look it up) that talked about beyonce vs keyshia cole. In the blog she talked about how some ppl call KC "ghetto". Yes she did use quotations when she said this. So its just reminded me of how i absolutely HATE those words. Hood and Ghetto are the worse way to describe yourself. I mean this made me think of when I was in middle school and one of my teachers actually told me where the word Ghetto come from . So I looked up hood and ghetto. According to thefreedictionary.com:
ghet·to (gt)
n. pl. ghet·tos or ghet·toes
1. A usually poor section of a city inhabited primarily by people of the same race, religion, or social background, often because of discrimination.
2. An often walled quarter in a European city to which Jews were restricted beginning in the Middle Ages.
3. Something that resembles the restriction or isolation of a city ghetto: "trapped in ethnic or pink-collar managerial job ghettoes" (Diane Weathers).


hood 2 (hd)
n. Slang
1. A hoodlum; a thug.
2. A rowdy or violent young person.

[Short for hoodlum.]

hood 3 or 'hood (hd)
n. Slang
A neighborhood, usually in the inner city.
So again who would want to call themselves ghetto or hood?? I hate that word becauseeople try to use it to describe me.People think that just because you are from a bad neighborhood or grew up in an area that is lower class that your ghetto. Well, I have news for you....ghetto is from the holocaust. Its a place where Jewish people had to live. Some were called slums.


I bet that if you go to a desendent of the holocaust they would get absolutely offended if you called someone ghetto around them. I bet they would sit you down and give you a REAL history lesson.

GHETTO is a word that should cauise pain, sadness, or even anger. No one should be proud to be called ghetto. I never say I'm from the ghetto...or that I grew up in the ghetto. It is true that I lived in a single parent home with a mother who struggled everyday to make ends meat. Yes I did live in a lower income part of town. This ladies and gentlemen does not make me or the area I grew up in ghetto.

ok, so now that you have been educatedon ghetto let me talk a little bit about hood. Ok so I kno some people talk aboput how their "from the hood" or they "rep the hood" but guess what you look stupid as hell. Why do you want to "rep" someplace people struggle to make it out of everyday?? SMDH. Then its those who call people hood. Do you know how many times I have been called hood....too many. People say the way i dress or the way I act or talk is hood. How is that?? Hood doesn't even have a real definition. Hood is a slang term used just as ghetto is. Now I kno what many of you are going to say that know me "how you saying all this and on ya myspace you had where thehood and high fashion meet?" So let me clarify something for you...that is part of a song 1. 2. when I put that on myspace I was refering to how I like high fashion, couture clothing but I also like regular stuff you get from target or wal mart. That doesnt make it "hood" but thats the way jay z used it and I liked it. So yea I am very very loud, and yes I do jump around like a "cricket," (friends not me say that lol)I rarely use proper english,i wear weird stuff, i cut and style my hair weird and unfamiliar like lol, and guess what I do this to please me. I don't consider myself hood or ghetto. I consider myself an INDIVIDUAL. Because under all this weirdness I'm a smart ass woman. Yes woman. I have an advanced high school diploma and (even though its taking time) I am working on my b.a. I get good grades and I actually study and do work. Hood...its people in middle class subarbia trying to pull off what they think is hood or ghetto. Instead of glamorizing it we should educate them and let them know what it really is......

0 comments: